We encourage anyone and everyone who maintains a Linux distribution or mail order service, to submit information on their service to this document. It's easy and fun, and it's free advertising. This document is posted to many places and is archived (see the next section).
We are interested in submissions for:
Complete distributions of GNU/Linux software available on CD-ROM. (We no longer carry FTP-only distributions, as this document is aimed primarily at new users for whom such a means of distribution is not appropriate.) By `complete distribution' we mean any set of software which can be used to build a complete GNU/Linux system from scratch.
Layered products or individual software packages available only via mail order. If your software package is available via anonymous FTP, chances are people can find it. Software products only available via mail-order include commercial things such as Motif, and any other commercial software ported to Linux.
Any other Linux-specific goods available via mail order, such as Linux-specific books and documentation, T-shirts, and assorted paraphernalia. Note: our interest in the latter categories is marginal — this is a Linux Distributions HOWTO, not a catalogue of cutesy Linux junk. Whatever you're selling will have to be (a) very useful, (b) very original, or (c) very funny, to get listed here.
If the number of submissions for services and layered products is large, we'll create a separate document for these items.
To submit an entry to this document, please send mail to email@example.com with the following information. This format is not machine-parsable; any of the fields may be any length that you wish, but I'd like to keep each entry down to, say, 50 lines.
(Or, of course, you could always go to either of the wiki sites and enter your text directly!)
- name of service or distribution
- name of company, person, etc. who distributes/maintains the service or distribution. Should include mail, e-mail, phone contact information, and (if possible) a WWW reference.
- description of the distribution or service that you provide. If this is a software distribution, please include information such as what software is included, versions, general overview of installation, requirements, and so on.
- where your service or distribution is available over the Internet; typically a WWW or FTP address.
- how to order your distribution or service, if applicable. Include prices, shipping information, methods of payment, etc.
- information on support terms and support contracts.
- last freeze date of the current version(s). Also, your estimated update frequency.
- date of submission of this entry.
- independent reviewer's comments.
Please keep your entry as short as possible. If you need to include extensive information, please make a reference to where one can FTP or mail to get more information on your distribution; these entries are only meant to be pointers to where one can find information on your service or distribution.
If you provide more than one service or distribution, please use separate entries for each.
We may edit your entries for conciseness and brevity if we find any irrelevant information, or if the entry is overly verbose. Otherwise the content should remain the same.
When making submissions to this document, you grant implicit permission for the LDP to use the entries in other materials, such as printed books, or further online documents. For example, information taken from this document may be included in a published Linux book. If you do not want us to include your entry in materials other than the current online document, please say so.
Закладки на сайте
Проследить за страницей
Created 1996-2021 by Maxim Chirkov
Добавить, Поддержать, Вебмастеру